The Essentials We Believe:
- The Bible is God-inspired and the final authority on all matters which it speaks. (Psalm 119, John 17:17)
- The Trinity is one God who exists simultaneously in three persons. Each is co-equal, co-powerful, and co-eternal with the other. Each person--Father, Son and Holy Spirit--is not the other. Without either there is no God. All comprise the one God. (Matt. 28:19, 2 Cor. 13:14)
- We all have sinned, and need the salvation God offers through His Son, Jesus Christ. Salvation is not earned, but must be received by grace through repentance and faith. (Romans 3:22-24)
- Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross. He rose from the dead and will return to earth someday to fulfill His plan. (Hebrews 4:14-16)
- The Holy Spirit is on earth to 1) convict the world of sin, 2) open our hearts to the Father’s love, 3) teach us how to live a righteous life, 4) baptize us into His power to become witnesses and 5) to teach us how to use His gifts to serve others. (John 16:5-15, Acts 1:8)
- At the end, everyone will experience bodily resurrection and the judgment. Only believers will enjoy eternal fellowship with God. (John 5:25-30, I Corinthians 3:12-14)
OUR MISSION: ENCOUNTER GOD. EXTEND LOVE. EXPERIENCE LIFE.
- ENCOUNTER GOD. (Providing multiple opportunities for people to know God)
- EXTEND LOVE. (Giving freely of what we’ve received)
- EXPERIENCE LIFE. (Full Living through purpose, fun and growing in community)
- Our Mission comes from Jesus’ words in Matthew 22:36-40 (NLT), “”Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the Law of Moses?’ Jesus replied, ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and your entire mind. A second is equally important: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the other commandments and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments,’”
OUR DREAMS: (What we see Oak River being and doing)
- WE SEE a community who passionately worships, both as an individual lifestyle and as a corporate body, creatively expressing together our awe and love for God and to God.
- WE SEE a church family who joyfully flows in unity in addition to the fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit as Jesus prayed we would.
- WE SEE a restoration house: (“restore” = to bring into its proper condition, either for the first time or after a lapse) Where broken and sickly receive love and healing. Where parties are thrown for first time prodigals and returning prodigals.
- WE SEE celebrations exploding of the goodness of God, testimonies coming forth of salvations, miracles and people making giant leaps towards Father God.
- WE SEE an empowerment station, where believers discover their unique purposes and are equipped to expand the Kingdom of God in ways He’s dreamed of for them.
- WE SEE individuals and groups synthesizing to pour out the love of God on NE Ohio, our nation and other nations through outreach and missions. Sharing the GOOD NEWS of the Gospel in all its magnificence.
- WE SEE partnerships with other churches, uniting together with the larger body of Christ to advance the Kingdom of God in all of its multifaceted beauty.
OUR CULTURE: (The environment we create to fulfill our Mission & Dreams)
- WE ARE FAMILY. The body of Christ is relational first and foremost. We respond to God as Father and in our church family we serve as fathers/mothers as well as sons/daughters. (Ephesians 2:19, I Peter 3:8, Galatians 6:10, Hebrews 2:10-12)
- GOD IS GOOD. We foster an environment where the goodness of God is celebrated and explored regularly. We taste and see that He is good no matter what circumstances or past experiences say. (Hosea 3:5, Exodus 33:19, 2 Chronicles 6:41, Psalm 145:7)
- WE LIVE WITH JOY AND HOPE. The joy of the Lord is the secret to our strength, health and longevity. There is hope for every person and every situation, so we leak hope and joy everywhere we go. (Romans 15:13, Romans 4:7-8, Romans 5:1-5)
- WE HONOR OTHERS. We release life by celebrating who others are without tripping over who they aren’t. We consistently ask God to see others as He sees them, noticing their “gold” and pointing it out. (Romans 12:9-10, I Corinthians 12:12-26, Philippians 4:8, I Thessalonians 5:12)
- WE EXPERIENCE SALVATIONS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS. We love those who don’t know Christ and seek ways to introduce them to the goodness of God. God gives us creative and powerful strategies for reaching the lost. (Acts 2:47, Luke 8:15, John 10:6-10, Acts 16:31)
- RISK AND FAITH ARE PART OF FEARLESS CHRISTIANITY. We choose to please God rather than man. We risk, not based on impulsive personalities, but from a revelation of how big God is. We understand that mistakes are part of risk; therefore, we embrace learning from our mistakes and giving grace to others in theirs. (Hebrews 11, James 1:5-6, Romans 1:12, I Thessalonians 2:4)
- WE CELEBRATE GRACE AND EMPOWERMENT. Everything we are and do flows as a gift from God, not based on our own works. God’s grace empowers us to walk in love and service to others. (Romans 5:12-21, Romans 11:6, Ephesians 3:20, 2 Peter 1:3)
- WE LOVE HOSTING THE PRESENCE OF GOD. Every corporate gathering, large or small, makes the Presence of God a priority. Lovers make better workers, so we are first lovers and worshippers of God. (2 Chronicles 5:14, Psalm 16:11, Psalm 26:8, Romans 13:14)
- WE TREASURE THE TRUTH OF GOD’S WORD. Through His Word, we break off lies and get increasingly transformed into the image of Christ. (Matthew 4:4, Matthew 13:23, Romans 12:2, John 17:17)
- WE VALUE THE SUPERNATURAL. Because the invisible realm is more real to us than the visible realm, we search for ways to release God’s supernatural acts to others through faith. (Romans 12:6-8, Acts 19:11, I Corinthians 12:27-31, Galatians 3:5)
- WE DESIRE AND DEMONSTRATE THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. (Prophecy, service, teaching, encouragement, giving, leadership, mercy, wisdom, special knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, discernment, tongues, interpretation) Prophecy in the New Testament is for the purpose of strengthening, encouraging and comforting others. So we listen for the voice of God over a specific person and situation to instill strength, courage and comfort. (I Corinthians 12:8-10, I Corinthians 14:1-5, I Timothy 4:14, I Corinthians 14:31, Revelation 19:10)
- WE LOVE TO GIVE. Since Jesus came to give us an abundant life, we enjoy generosity in every area of our lives, including finances. (Malachi 3:10-12 , 2 Corinthians 9:7, Acts 2:42-47, Psalm 112:4)